Explore - Dream - Discover
"Every Child is a gift and every child has a gift regardless of who they are"
During the pre-primary years children begin to develop their basic skills. In the whimsical world of a child it is important that they learn through discovery & self-exploration. It is so these children can grow and develop in their own unique ways that we have specifically adopted a 'learn-through-play' approach to education.
We see formal structured schooling as detrimental to a child's development and instead, children learn through play by engaging in weekly themes, arts & crafts, singing & movement, educational games, emergent mathematics / science, and fantasy play. We also have a farm yard behind the school where the children are taken on guided trails to explore nature.
Play - Learn - Succeed
Kyalami Ridge Creche & Preschool
- To create a stimulating environment which will entice the child to take part with enthusiasm
- To plan the learning situation well.
- To be enthusiastically involved and take the lead in initiating new trends.
- Not to stereo type a child, but allow the child to develop, think freely and openly.
- To set new goals continually goals within the child's capabilities.
- To be aware of the needs of every individual child as they come from a variety of different environments and situations.
- Enjoyment will always remain an important component in the Preschool.
- Play is the medium through which the child develops and learns.